Is Your Healthcare Company as Competitive as it Should Be?
There are three reasons why healthcare companies need to be more competitive today:
- Healthcare consumers have choices
- Healthcare consumers are careful how much they spend since they must pay out-of-pocket before insurance pays
- Healthcare consumers are demanding service that’s similar to the kind of treatment they receive from Apple, Amazon, Zappos, and other service industry giants.
If you’re a provider, treating today’s patient is very different than before. Patients were accepting, more passive; that’s not how they are any longer. Now patients have a tremendous effect on healthcare, because they control where their dollars are spent. The marketplace dynamic is changing with new players every day.
Patients have alternatives for care. They don’t have to spend (on average) 24 days to schedule a doctor’s appointment, 37 minutes of travel to the doctor’s office, and finish with 64 minutes waiting for the doctor just to spend 20 minutes face-to-face. What other industry treats their customers this way and is still in business?
Consumers are also demanding more health from healthcare. It’s not just about disease, illness, and injury. It’s about living a longer healthier life by being proactive in diet, fitness, and the environment.
To be successful, you have to understand the new consumer’s behavior. Your care quality needs to be tops, but you also need to use technology that makes your hyper-busy patient’s life easier. You need to give them all the reasons to choose you for their healthcare.
I work with healthcare organizations to keep on top of all the factors needed to be competitive.
Healthcare competition is based on:
- Knowing your customers
- Providing an outstanding customer experience
- Meeting their needs for quality, transparency, and convenience
- Being accessible through multiple communication modes
I look at each step of your business from the consumer’s point of view, provide a list of improvements, and assign priorities to them to ensure you are attractive and will be chosen by the healthcare consumer over similar businesses.
Call or email me today to talk with you about an assessment and how I can help you.